Building packages with fakeroot

Hi Guys,

I would like to warn all those of us who upload packages using fakeroot. I
have a strong suspicion that fakeroot is not working reliable. There are three
packages already I uploaded where postinst scripts try to chown files to my
user instead of root.

This weekend there was also a problem with pam, refusing to symlink
libpam.so.0 to libpam.so.0.66 (but this can also be a ldconfig problem).
This was fixed by the pam-maintainer Ben Collins who revised the sourcebuild.

So all be warned of the fakeroot...

B.