Re: Iprobe anyone?

>>> nshimizu said:
>
> I am trying to use iprobe (which is performance tools for Alpha) on
> slink with kernel-2.2.1 and binutils-dev.
> Compile seems OK, and insmod does not claim any error.
>
> But When I enter the iprobe command, it results in a segmentation fault.
> The syslog tells that there is an instruction fault, but I could not
> point out the source code with gdb.
>
> Is there anyone who can use iprobe?
> Or is there any idea?

If you are booting via MILO, be aware that there currently are *no* MILOs
which supply PALcode that includes the "wrperfmon" PALcall, which iprobe
needs to function. It should work fine if you boot from SRM console via
aboot.

In addition, iprobe only works on EV5 CPU based machines; not EV4 and not EV6.

--Jay++

  American Non Sequitur Society: we don't make sense, but we do like pizza...

Jay A Estabrook                            Alpha Motherboards - LINUX Project
Compaq Computer Corporation                (508) 841-3241 or (DTN) 237-3241
334 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545     Jay.Estabrook@digital.com