Re: Writing CD on alpha

Hi,

> I do all the time with cdrecord.  I even burned the debian cd images this
> morning...  Whats the problem?

I just found the problem and also told the cdrecord maintainer about it...

I'm also burning debian-cd's for tomorrow :))

I even tried (in dummy mode) to compile a kernel at the same time while
burning... fifo only goes down to 78% :)

the problem was the following:

MAX shared memory block is only set to <4MB by default. So it's more or less
a kernel-image problem and not a cdrecord problem which I first thought...

I now set it to 8MB and it works without any problems... But I don't know
why the kernel maintainers only set it to <4MB... (do you know??)

and I think if debian provides cdrecord it should have a working
kernel-image :)

cu
 gerhard