testing the new CD

Helo everybody,

Congratulations to everyone that put efforts into the release.

There is now CD images ready on cdimage.debian.org.

Of course, I guess it is almost impossible to do a real test of this
new CD by downloading it today, but I think it is important that some
people checks that in principle it will boot and starts correctly the
install procedure for most archs.

 For this purpose I have created small (2 or 3Mbyte) iso images for
each arch that you can put on a CD, or on a hardisk or hardisk
partition, as they are done in the same way than the real one, they
can be used to check that what is on the real CD will work for your
arch.

The test cases can be download from
http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/minicd.html

If there are major problems, that would mean we cannot have a new CD
image in time, but that would be much better than having some people
and companies pressing CD just to hear a bit later "sorry finally the
CD images do not work, you can put them in the trash" :-).

So please if you can, try what I put on this page, it should not be
long to download, and copy it to a disk or a CDR. That way we can also
announce any problem in some release notes, rather than letting the
users bump into the eventual problems.

Loic