Re: Kernel 2.2

On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 09:41:08AM +0100, Brederlow wrote:
> Has anyone got the new 2.2 kernels working for alpha yet?
> [...]

I have had 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 running on my AS200 successfuly for some time now.
See a previous thread where I had similar problems (kernel hangs right after
MILO jumps to it). These turned out to be a configuration problem.

When configuring the kernel, say 'n' to "... experimental or unstable code
drivers" at the beginning and, whatever you do, say 'n' to "use SRM as
bootloader". This will hang your kernel. So say 'n' even if you are using SRM.
I suspect that the most stable way to boot 2.2.x on any system is thru MILO
(you can boot MILO from SRM and then the kernel from MILO).

Hope this helps.

mato