Re: xlib6g?

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Christopher J. Morrone wrote:

> dselect is telling me that xbase depends on xlibg6 (>= 3.3.2.3a-8) but the
> verion of xlibg available is only 3.3.2.3a-7.  Whats up with that?

There is going to be a "Great Merging of Patches" shortly for the release
of -10.  Patches from Sparc and Alpha will be merged into the mainline
source and tested on all archs.  Until about two days ago, each arch had
to apply it's own patches (currently, only one person that I know of has
all of the Alpha patches).

Basically, wait for -10 if you can.  Not much priority was placed on X
lately, since we had bigger fish to fry (namely glibc and egcs).