Re: `Out of memory' problem on commercial program ...

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Paul Slootman wrote:

> [...]
> Your open files is also severly limited.  What's going on?

What's going on is that I've been incredibly stupid - thanks for your
help, and sorry for wasting your time when I should have spotted it
myself.  For some reason (probably curiosity ...) I had installed the
lshell package which enforces system limits ... and guess what happened!
Oh well, I removed it, and all appears to work again.

Thanks,

Nikhil.

| Nikhil Nair                    |                                 |
| Department of Chemistry        | Tel.:  +44 1223 336350 (lab)    |
| University Chemical Laboratory |        +44 1223 368353 (home)   |
| Lensfield Road                 | Email: nn201@cus.cam.ac.uk      |
| CAMBRIDGE                      |        nxn@theor.ch.cam.ac.uk   |
| CB2 1EW                        |                                 |
| England                        |                                 |