Re: Hows Alphadebian doing?

> and you have to do many things... looks very alpha (not the processor ;) )
>
> ARC console doesn't seem very good supported at the moment... and the whole
> installation procedure seems to be very unstable..

I just installed Debian 2 weeks ago on my AlphaStation 200 4/233 using
ARC.  I found it to be quite nice!  A few problems, such as:

The drivers disk kept erroring on mount when it went through the modules.
I just ignored it.

Dselect is very confusing, too much information on the screen at once.
RedHat was nice how the broke it down into subscreens.

Points I liked:

I installed the base disks, rebooted, set up PPP and connected to the net
to finish the install.  Very nice!

I have not found a problem yet.  You can tell that care was taken in
making the packages.

I have been using it to burn audio CD's with cdrecord and wav2cdr with no
problem, when I used RedHat the same source it used to give unaligned
traps all the time.

All in all, I found that the installation to be OK for it being still in
development.  It takes some problem solving because the docs are not
complete.  I'll be happy to write the docs for installing to an
AlphaStation 200 4/233 w/ ARC if no one has done it yet, just send me the
guidelines on how you want it written (I seen a few posts back, but I
forgot who was managing it).

Paul