Please help test "xcin" on Alpha. :-)

Hello,

Over the holidays, I have been in contact with the main upstream author
of XCIN (X Chinese INput server?) Tung-Han Hsieh and other Chinese
Linux software developers, discussing about adding Chinese support to
Debian, etc.

Anyway, he mentioned that he has a friend who has been experiencing
some problems with XCIN running on Red Hat Alpha.  Tung-Han could not
test the problem as he does not have access to an Alpha.  His friend
isn't sure either; he just notices that XCIN often crashes with
"segmentation fault" and suspect that it might have something to do
with Alpha's 64-bit architecture.

If any of you Debian-Alpha users or developers could try out
xcin_2.3.02 or xcin_2.3.03 (the latter needs rxvt_2.4.5-15),
that would be absolutely wonderful.  :-)  Of course, it would probably
be easier if you know Chinese, but if you feel adventurous, please feel
free to try it out too.  :-)  Tung-Han suggested testing the "tsin"
(Tsi2 Yin1 or "Ci2yin1") input method to hunt the potential bug.  :-)

Thanks a million!  :-)

Anthony

The following forwarded message is in Big5 Chinese encoding.  You will
need to use xcin/crxvt to read it.  :-)

----- Forwarded message from Tung-Han Hsieh <thhsieh@twcpro.phys.ntu.edu.tw> -----