Re: who compiled mutt, and where?

On Wed 23 Dec 1998, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
> > The last couple of mutt versions have a postinst that call
> > suidregister with numeric values for user and group instead of
> > the names. This results in the nightly suidregister-check run
> > to complain that mutt_dotlock was 0.8 and now root.mail ...
> > I tried building mutt myself, and _that_ postinst has the names,
> > not the numbers.
> >
> > Maybe you're using a buggy version of debhelper / whatever?
>
> Hmmm...I think I built the last one on a.d.nl.  I wonder how that
> happened.  I'll check the version of debhelper on there today.  In the
> meantime, care to do an NMU? :-)

Actually, I tested it on a.d.nl myself :-)  That works fine.
Hmmm....

$ ls -lc /usr/bin/dh_suidregister
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         1831 Dec 22 08:49 /usr/bin/dh_suidregister

Looks like debhelper was upgraded on a.d.nl yesterday morning!

I don't think that it's that important to do an NMU; I'm sure there'll
be another version of mutt to frozen before the deepfreeze :-(
There are other things that also need NMU's for simple recompiles to
eliminate obsolete dependencies; libguile-1.2 is gone, and so is
libguile-1.3 (or is almost). Any others?  Anyway, I think that we
shouldn't get into a panic about this, seeing the rate of uploads into
frozen for i386; most will probably be rebuilt in the course of things
anyway.

Everybody just make sure that they have the correct (latest) -dev
packages installed, before compiling stuff! (Yes, I've been guilty
myself.)

Chris, are you going to do an upload of libc6.1-dev? If so, could you
fix the following line in /usr/include/netinet/ip_fw.h:

  u_int32_t fw_pcnt, fw_bcnt;           /* Packet and byte counters */

The u_int32_t should be unsigned long; that's what it is in the kernel
source.  This is what's screwing ipfwadm.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands