Re: Disappearance of some packages?

On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 04:25:44PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Why is elm-me+ no longer in the Packages file for Alpha?  The .deb is there,
> but no entry in Packages?
>
> I believe I uploaded that one myself, as I maintain elm-me+, so I'm doubly
> curious.  And it seems like fakeroot is missing.  Where's that one gone?

I've noticed a few other packages missing as well.  But my question is
more related to whether anybody is currently maintaining the X stuff--
after repairing the X scripts to the more "correct" /usr/X11R6/bin
(from /usr/bin/X11), they work fine with the exception of the segfaults
from the Xserver itself.  I know that this (S3V) X server and config
work fine when compiled from gcc--is this a known problem being worked upon?
I ask because of the significant functionality I get from using X; and
that possibly a newer version is getting lost in the shuffle somewhere.