Re: Multia Disk Crash

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, George A. Dowdingg wrote:

> My 2.5 internal scsi crashed after I got everything installed and
> running.  I have some spare 3.5" drives but the box does not have the
> internal mounting brackes as it came with the external scsi adapter.
> Does anyone know where I can get the mounting hardware?

	Best bet would be to try Starship Computers (www.starshipcorp.com)
for most Multia hardware. Though be warned that the power supply and
cooling capablities of the Multia are very limited. Any type of high
performance SCSI disk will not work inside the Multia, as it will draw too
much current and run too hot. The internal power supply is not really
rated to drive 3.5" SCSI drives. That, and the cooling ablity of the
system is barely enough for just the board (I have extra fans attached to
the outside of mine to keep it running reliably).
	I would highly recommend that you pick up an external scsi case
(can be had cheap at computer/surplus shows/sales), and putting the drives
in that, connecting with a SCSI cable to the Multia. Overall, it will work
much better outside rather than inside the Multia case. TTYL.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |