Re: The freeze and binary-alpha

On Sun 29 Nov 1998, James Troup wrote:

> The freeze was done yesterday and seemed to have worked, and probably
> would have, were it not for one small but critical permissions
> problem.  Also potato wasn't done right (specifically: binary-all
> links weren't all there and t1utils wasn't in potato), but anyway it's
> all fixed now and mirrors should be getting the fully correct
> */*/binary-alpha/ tonight.  I hope.

There's something strange going on.

There are a couple of "dist: all" packages missing from the alpha slink
tree. According to my research these are the missing entries:

devel/cweb-latex_1.1.1-8.deb
devel/libpwdb-doc_0.54preD-3.deb
doc/asr-manpages_1.2-1.deb
doc/doc-linux-pl-html_1998.03.29-1.deb
doc/doc-linux-pl_1998.03.29-1.deb
text/miscfiles_1.1-5.deb

The problem seems to be that e.g. doc/asr-manpages is NOT in
slink/binary-all.  The result is that
slink/main/binary-i386/doc/asr-manpages is a symlink to
../../../../hamm/main/binary-i386/doc/asr-manpages, which in its turn is
a symlink to ../../binary-all/doc/asr-manpages_1.2-1.deb (i.e. to
hamm/binary-all).

Please look into this problem ASAP.

Paul Slootman
--