Re: X11 manpages?

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, John Goerzen wrote:

> It seems, oddly enough, that "man" on Alpha doesn't see the manpages in
> /usr/X11R6/man.  They are listed in MANDATORY_MANPATH in /etc/manpath.config
> (that conffile is unmodified from the dist version).  When I do a manpage,
> say for lbxproxy which I just installed, it re-indexes /usr/man but not
> /usr/X11R6/man like my i386 does. Ideas?

Hmmm...try reindexing manually with mandb.  I haven't had this problem
here, but it wouldn't shock me if the indexes got corrupted a few
iterations ago of man-db (we had some db lib problems awhile back that pop
up every so often).  If they're still not showing up, then repost and I'll
look into the source to see what it's doing and see if I can reproduce it
here.