Re: Make and globbing (alpha)

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> > I understand debian.nl is quite a bit quicker :> faure seems comparable to
> > my P166 for build speed. We have another alpha from Bdale that I haven't
> > quite figured out what to do with, it has a tiny disk drive and is slow :<
>
> What kind is it?  Multia/UDB?  If so, it's useful also as a build platform
> for smaller packages OR you could bring it up under glibc 2.1 when we get
> it compiled (great idea, eh?).

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu                     : Alpha
cpu model               : LCA4
cpu variation           : -4294967301
cpu revision            : 0
cpu serial number       : Linux_is_Great!
system type             : Noname
system variation        : 0
system revision         : 0
system serial number    : MILO-0000
cycle frequency [Hz]    : 0
timer frequency [Hz]    : 1024.00
page size [bytes]       : 8192
phys. address bits      : 34
max. addr. space #      : 63
BogoMIPS                : 163.57
kernel unaligned acc    : 0 (pc=0,va=0)
user unaligned acc      : 6 (pc=155556b6d70,va=11ffff948)

That doesn't seem to say much though. It's got a full 350M disk :> Let me
know if you want to use it.

Jason