Re: Make and globbing (alpha)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> I tracked the solution down, the trouble is that the configure script DOES
> NOT look for a libc glob.h and properly set HAVE_GLOB_H. This causes it to
> assume that it's glob.h is the same as the one in libc. This apparently is
> not true on the alpha and thus filename globbing breaks completely.

Ah, glad someone found some time to track this down.  I just uploaded an
older version of make anyway (3.76.1-8) and was going to ask the archive
maintainer to override and install the file to replace 3.77.  I will
recompile 3.77 now with your idea (I'll even fix the glob.h detection so
it'll work correctly in the first place) and see if that helps.  Glibc
building was breaking, so it should be easy to diagnose if that's the same
problem I was having.