Re: Alpha problems

> On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 09:54:05PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> >  * xserver-vga16 is missing
>
> I've have been told, that it would be nontrivial to port the vga16
> server. I've already asked for it some time ago, because it is needed
> for XF86Setup.

AFAIK, it's not simple to get the VGA16 server to work on Alpha (IIRC, the way
it talks to the VGA card is not usable). However, there is the mono server,
and the way to go to get XF86Setup working is probably to have it use the mono
server instead.

/Anders
Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Not system administrator at DjungelData             | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87