Re: libggi-target-kgi obsolete?

cpbs@debian.org wrote:
> >libggi-target-kgi is the only package built from "ggi-stable"
> >on i386; the rest are built from "ggi-devel".  Should it be removed?
>
> Yes please.  I understand that the KGI interface has been obsoleted by
> a newer one called KGIcon, accessed via the kernel fb interface.  Both
> "libggi-target-kgi" and the "ggi-stable" source package should be
> removed.

Hmm, tricky.  The alpha tree still has the binaries compiled from
ggi-stable, it never compiled ggi-devel.

On the other hand, it has the ggi-devel based libggi1-dev, because that's
a binary-all package.  So I guess its ggi packages are broken.

I'll Cc to the alpha list, maybe they know what's best to do :)

Richard Braakman