Re: X Packages

> Could anyone tell me what packages (.deb) are necessary
> to launch an X client and its server ?

You need one of the xserver packages (depending on what type of graphics card
you have), xbase and xlib6g. I haven't compiled the latest X packages yet (I'm
waiting for them to settle down a bit first), after that the list of packages
you need may be different.

> In what section are they ?

libs (xlib6g) and x11

> In fact, after my last packages update, "startx", the file
> /usr/X11R6/bin/X
> and some other just disappeared !

That sounds strange. Perhaps you've run in to a conflict.

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                              | iko@{cd.chalmers,iko.pp}.se
Physics Student, UNIX Hacker, Debian Maintainer | Tel: +46.31.47 69 27
Jag ska b|rja plugga i l{svecka 1...            | Cel: +46.707.27 86 87