draft UDB installation HOWTO, also MILO echoing to ttyS0

                                [...]
MILO> O> O> O> O> O> [...etc...]

Anders> [...] MILO talks both to the display and ttyS0 (so you can
Anders> boot headless) and if there is something on ttyS0 (such as a
Anders> modem) it can get very confusing.

Is it possible to disable this behaviour?  It's annoying to have to
turn my modem off to reboot.

Incidentally, I've done a successful install on my UDB & written up a
brief summary of what I did.  I mailed it to Marc Volovic
<http://www.bard.org.il/~marc/html/linux.phtml> & Thomas Behrndt (UDB
installation tester <http://www.debian.org/ports/alpha/release-checklist>).
If they aren't going to do anything with it, does anyone else want to
bung it up on a web site somewhere?  I haven't got any private web
space, I'm afraid.  Comments/additions from other people with UDBs
appreciated, particularly anyone who's got theirs booting from SRM one
way or another.

--
 Robin Stephenson
 Wet Work Printed