Re: kernel diff package

On Thu 01 Oct 1998, Guenter Geiger wrote:

> I am planning to do a kernel diff package, so we will be able to produce the base disks fast.
>
> Some questions:
> 1) There has been some talk about 2.0.36-pre versions. Call me blind, but I can´t find those anywhere. (??)

ftp://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/alan/2.0.36pre/

> 2) The most up to date kernel package for Intel is 2.0.35, so I will make a kernel patch against
>    that version. Is that OK ?

Hmm, all I know is that 2.0.36pre2 is the first 2.0 kernel that worked
for me out of the box.

On the other hand, I can't compile it anymore because of some new
optimizing bug in egcs :-(  (in net/drivers/slhc.c in case you're
wondering).

> When this is done, I surely need people who are willing to test the kernel using the config´s from
> the base disk set.

Sure, give a shout when you're done.

Paul Slootman
--