Intent to package: aboot 0.5 [alpha], mailcheck [any]

I have already packaged aboot 0.5 [Alpha] and mailcheck 0.98 [any].
Aboot was announced on debian-alpha several weeks ago, after I learned
that nobody else was working on it.  A prerelease was uploaded to
beezer.med.miami.edu.

If no-one else will take MILO, I would like to work on that as well.
MILO is the most common bootloader on Alpha.

I also intend to help in the Debian/Alpha porting effort.

I will upload these once my maintainer application has been processed.

Thanks,

Jeff

Package: aboot
 aboot is the standard Linux bootloader for machines with the SRM firmware
 installed.  If you're using ARC or AlphaBIOS, you need to use MILO instead.
 .
 This package allows creating Linux kernels which are bootable from
 hard disk, CD-ROM, floppy (extept on Jensen), and network (using BOOTP
 and TFTP).  Also included is sdisklabel, a crude program for creating
 Digital Unix (OSF/1) style disk partitions.
 .
 If your machine is capable of running ARC or AlphaBIOS, you may
 want to consider using MILO instead.  MILO will even work with SRM,
 with limitations.  If you have a machine that isn't supported by MILO,
 you dislike ARC, or you need to boot via network, then aboot is your
 best bet.

Package: mailcheck
 Mailcheck is a simple, configurable tool that allows multiple mailboxes
 to be checked for the existence of new mail messages.  It supports both
 mbox and maildir-style mailboxes, for compatibility with most mail
 transport agents.