Re: dpkg segfaultage

On Thu 07 May 1998, Neale Pickett wrote:

> Howdy.  dpkg has been segfaulting on me, and though I've been trying for
> about a week to find out why, I can't.  I've tried hand-installing (with
> ar) the dpkg from slink (same ver), a new libc6, etc.  But all to no
> avail.

You should have looked through the list archive for this list :-)
The dpkg-whatever.22 in hamm is broken; apparently there is one in
Incoming on master that should work OK. However, installation of that
version into hamm is running into some trouble because the archive
maintainer's computer died on him :-(

So, grab the version from Incoming and install that. If you can't access
Incoming (because you're not a maintainer), have a look at
ftp://ftp.murphy.nl/pub/debian/alpha/ at around 20:00 UTC, I'll put it
in there.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl