Re: dependencies

On Sat 11 Apr 1998, Ferenc Kiraly wrote:

> I have a bunch of packages that depend on libc6, but libc6 "does not
> appear to be avilable". Among them are:
>
> sysvinit

This has the following Pre-Depends:

    Pre-Depends: libc6 (>= 2.0.5c-0.1), libc6.1

This looks very bogus, probably a bug in the source's control file.

> ldso

This is a dummy package; I'm not sure how to proceed with this one.
I recall that trying to install it at some stage left you with an
unusable system, as it removed /lib/ld.so.xxx and didn't install a
new one; I don't know what the status is now.

> ytalk
> loadmeter
> procmeter
> xsysinfo

These ones are currently ok.

> xearth

Can't find this one...

> libdb1

Depends: libc6

> To name just a few. For some of them I forced the installation, and they seem

Some more I can find in the Packages file:

    imlib-base
    libc6-doc   (!)
    locale-ja
    locale-ko
    pgapack
    zircon

I'll have a look this evening to see if these are fixable.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands