Re: kernel-headers-* for different archs (was Re: What's Debian's /usr/src policy)

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
> >>"Juan" == Juan Cespedes <cespedes@debian.org> writes:
>
> Juan> On Thu, Jan 22, 1998 at 11:05:25PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava
> Juan> wrote:
> >>  Should I change the architecture of the kernel-headers package
> >> from all to any?
>
> Juan> I think so.
>
> 	I am working on this (and a few other things suggested by
>  James Troup) as we speak.
>
> 	manoj

I'm using kernel-package to build kernel-{image,headers} for sparc since a
week.  I did several fixes especially to use silo instead of lilo at
installation time.  I will file a bug against it as soon as I'll sure they will
be almost error prone.  I didn't have enough time to test it extensively as I'm
also working on boot disks for sparc...

I made my kernel-image package from sparclinux 2.0.33 sources, not the Debian
kernel-source 2.0.33 package because the latter doesn't work on sparc.
In order to upload kernel-image along with its sources, should I create a
dedicated kernel-source-sparc package or requests the diffs to be merged into
the Debian kernel-source ?
Sparclinux kernel sources are about 7MB & only 680KB for the diffs against
stock 2.0.33.  Therefore, if I upload full sources it will take more space on
the ftp server than including the diffs in the current kernel tree.

What is the best solution ?
Is a big diff against current kernel-source 2.0.33 acceptable ?
What is the status of other architectures ?  Are they using current 2.0.33
kernel-source package ?

Thanks in advance.