Re: volume control?

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Nikita Schmidt wrote:

:I use aumix.  Note that at least on my Avanti (AS255) there is an
:output-gain-like control, which masquerades as Line 3 and gets initially
:set up to a rather high value.

No apparent effect, I tweaked all the settings and the volume remains
unchanged :( Is there a way to verify that /dev/mixer is working properly?
I can cat an .au to /dev/sound, but not sure what to do with /dev/mixer...

---
Every program is part of another program, and rarely fits.

D'jinnie/Jinn, encountered on IRC and select MU**. (jinn@irony.org)
finger jinn@irony.org for PGP public key