Re: egcs on alpha

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Andrew Isaacson wrote:

> If you're segfaulting in malloc(), you probably wrote outside the
> bounds of your allocation.  You might want to try using Electric Fence
> or one of the other malloc debugging packages.  (Do they work on
> Alpha?  I've never tried them.)  I'd be quite suprised if a compiler
> bug resulted in a segfault in malloc().

Good idea.  Forgot all about electric fence.  I believe it does work on
the Alpha (tested it ages ago and it worked ok then).  I haven't gotten to
look at the code yet, but that sounds about right, since it's pretty
common from my experience for matrices to be larger than I had figured
them to be (with padding, etc).