Re: dpkg problems. Am I alone?

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Marc Singer wrote:

> I wonder if this is moot.  Since I got the correct kernel/dpkg/libc
> combo, it works fine.  Perhaps it is better to publish new boot disks
> than to patch dpkg.  Just a thought.

I believe the boot disks are up to the current glibc, but the kernels that
most people seem to be using are unpatched.  I'm wondering if we should
make that part of any install/user docs in gigantic bold letters -- use
patched kernels.  Can someone verify that the current install kernel
images are patched already?  I couldn't keep my second UDB up long enough
to test dpkg out very well.  It seemed to work, but obviously others'
mileage varied :-P