Re: UDB/sound

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Chris Allegretta wrote:

> Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 13:38:10 -0500 (EST)
> From: Chris Allegretta <allegrcr@splava.cc.plattsburgh.edu>
> To: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
> Subject: UDB/sound
>

> Hey folks,
>
> 	This is my first post; be gentle =-)  Got a UDB off an auction
> site last month, and have been forever trying to get sound working.  I've
> tried all the latest development kernels, and got totally fed up with the
> whole computer locking when I try to insmod the WSS driver (io=0x530 irq=9
> dma=3). So, I'm trying to compile 2.0.34 since more recent ones won't
> compile.  My questions are: what's the last development version known to
> work with UDB and sound, and is there a known fix for this problem in
> the newer kernels that just hasn't made it into Linus' tree?  Thanks.
>
> Chris A

The UDB, or "Multia," uses the Microsoft Sound System (MSS) rather than
the Windows Sound System (WSS), otherwise your settings are correct. I
have gotten my UDB to work with those settings, but then I compiled it
into the kernel dorectly rather than a module.

Good Luck!

T.J. Duchene                   |            "Just my two cents
Senior, English/Applied CSCI   |
			       |             with no offense."
St. Cloud State University     |