Re: new installation disks set: 981115

-----Original Message-----
From: Loic Prylli <Loic.Prylli@ens-lyon.fr>
To: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org <debian-alpha@lists.debian.org>
Date: Sunday, November 15, 1998 9:43 PM
Subject: new installation disks set: 981115

>P.S.: I had some hard time with a very strange behaviour from strip,
>it creates big sparse files (and the --sparse option of tar is not
>full-proofed). Looks at the size of /lib/libm.so, (at compile-time,
>before striping the file is actually much smaller). The libm.so that
>came with the libc one month ago was about 100k against more than 1M
>now.

Yes, strip is behaving differently.  I'm working on this now, trying to
update the BFD stuff that was broken in 2.9.1.0.15 (had to revert to
2.9.1.0.13's version).  Logically, the code seems good, but just calls the
abort() that it falls back on every single time.

I'll let you know if this changes soon (doubt it without help from H.J. Lu,
whom I'm writing this week).