dists: sid, potato, unstable, and frozen...

A gentle reminder:

Note that at the moment there is no frozen distribution for Alpha.
The other three are all equivalent (well, sid is the real tree; potato
and unstable are symlinks to sid basically).

So, if you're doing porting for the Alpha, _PLEASE_ concentrate on
porting the slink packages, instead of the potato ones. We're trying
to get a Debian/Alpha 2.1 release out, so we must make sure that there
are no versions in there that are _higher_ than the i386 packages!

Of course, I can understand exceptions such as versions from potato that
work on Alpha where the slink versions don't; and very maybe packages
that don't exist at all in slink, but otherwise, try to restrain yourself :-)

On the other hand, having an Alpha machine available for general use by
debian developers seems to have helped; there are now only 118 packages
not compiled for Alpha, of which a number may not be portable to Alpha
anyway; and 192 packages out of date (which shouldn't be hard to trim
down, as most just have a debian revision change, not new upstream
source).   Let's get those numbers down!  (Except Chris: you concentrate
on the compilers etc :-)

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org