Re: Serious serial troubles

On 10 Nov 1998, Falk Hueffner wrote:

> I couldnt get ppp to talkt at >38400, either; probably that has to do
> with some timings? Well Ill just buy some networking cards ;)

I've seen things about this on the RedHat list and the best I could
conclude is that the UARTs that DEC used on most of their LCA motherboards
are less than adequate in the buffer category (thereby making them
unusable above 38400).  This puts a BIG damper on anyone using serial
ports for anything but older modems :(  Supposedly, newer mo-bos are
equipped with better UARTs, but I can't confirm this.