Re: Working compiler?

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> The thing to do, if you can find the time, is to locate a particular
> patch or set of patches that fixed an important problem; then tell
> egcs-bugs@cygnus.com, and they have good odds of being backported to
> the 1.1.1 prerelease branch.

Ok...well, here's the prelim results on the 1_1_1 branch testing that I've
been doing with Jade....

So far, she's compiling just fine!!!!  Yes, it FINALLY passed beyond
FOTBuilder.cxx and has continued flawlessly since.  It's taking forever
(about 12 hours now) to get to this point, so it hasn't gotten too far
beyond FOTBuilder.cxx (actually, it's two files beyond it right now and
crawling), so it's a bit early to tell just how well this will work, but
so far I'm excited.

FYI, I'm using the egcs version that was uploaded to master last
night/today so this means we may have a much better compiler already in
master :-)