MILO trouble

John Goerzen writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I want my system to autoboot, so I've set the environment variables in
 > MILO as appropriate (printenv confirms this).  However, after a reset
 > or power cycle, it forgets the variables I just set.  How can I fix
 > this?

I think the environement variables can be permanent only for few some
architectures.

If you use the milos from genie.ucd.ie/pub/alpha/milo, there is a
miloctl to configure permanent options into MILO.

See
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-alpha-9807/msg00113.html
for the original annoucement of these features (there have also been
some new changes since).

Loic