Re: Faure upgrade

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, Anders Hammarquist wrote:

> > > Wow. That was hugely painfull! I just upgraded faure from slink a week
> > > ago to slink today and all I can say is -ouch-
> >
> > Hey, I just did an update on the current slink and now "startx" is gone!
> > I have one very pissed-off user now. :)  But I told him this stuff was
> > experimental before I even installed it.
>
> There are new X packages sitting in incoming, you can pick them up from e.g.
> ftp.lh.umu.se:/pub/linux/debian-Incoming
>
> Also, wondering why they were taking so long to get installed, I discovered
> that the .changes file had gotten lost somewhere along the way. I've sent a
> new one up, so hopefully it will be installed into the archive shortly.

Thanks for the update.  I tried those, but I get this when I try to
install xserver-common (yes, I am root. :):

lobo:~# dpkg -i xserver-common_3.3.2.3a-6.1_alpha.deb
Selecting previously deselected package xserver-common.
(Reading database ... 30533 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking xserver-common (from xserver-common_3.3.2.3a-6.1_alpha.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing xserver-common_3.3.2.3a-6.1_alpha.deb (--install):
 unable to chown backup symlink for `usr/X11R6/bin/X': Operation not
permitted
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
 xserver-common_3.3.2.3a-6.1_alpha.deb