Re: Which SCSI board ?

On 14 Oct 1998, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:

> I'm planning to build an alpha based linux machine in the near future.
> I'll start buying a scsi controller to put on my pentium, but I want
> it to be good, supported and working on an alpha pc.
>
> What do you suggest ?

I would buy an NCR-based board, personally.  Needless to say, the 53C810
is VERY well supported since it's built into the UDB's :-)  I hear the
newer UW and wide NCR-based chipsets are working fine as well, but I
haven't had experience with them yet.

Reportedly also, the Adaptec 2940UW's are working too, but I've heard some
stories here and there about problems (very few, but I've heard them).