Re: What do you think?

On 2 Oct 1998, Mikolaj J. Habryn wrote:

>   Alright, I exaggerated :) Anything that relies on {l,}chown needs to
> be recompiled, but that's basically only dpkg. Other things, like
> fileutils, will likewise need to be recompiled, but that can be done
> at our leisure. I doubt anyone will notice any other problems, even if
> every other app remains broken.

This is probably a perfect time for this...there was a new glibc package
revision released today.  If you want, send me a patch against it and I'll
compile it in.

>   The patches are in the 2.0 tree - we are going to kick ourselves
> *mightily* if we don't make a point of distributing kernels that have

You've got a point with all of this.  I guess I'll finally get to upgrade
my kernel to a new devel kernel (I'm still running 2.1.72 because it's
pre-problem).