Re: What do you think?

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Jeff Noxon wrote:

> > PS: Did I mention recompiling everything?

I'm not sure we really really need to do this, to be honest.  Technically,
release copies of Debian in general are meant to be run on stable kernel
revs, which won't affect dpkg.  Those of us who run devel kernels can
upgrade to the new patched versions of things, if need be, but I think
release-wise, it's immaterial.

I do think it would be nice, but recompiling everything could be a royal
(and unnecessary) pain.

I suggest we aim for the next release to work this in.  By then, the new
glibc will be included and we can (hopefully) get the patches upstream on
both the kernel and glibc.

Thoughts?