Re: Preparing for the freeze (was: Obsolete packages in main/oldlibs)

Christopher> On 22 Sep 1998, Robin Stephenson wrote:

                                [...]
Christopher> Yes, the current and all of our past egcs iterations can
Christopher> compile the kernel.  I'm working on getting the latest
Christopher> binutils packaged to solve ALOT of the problems we've
Christopher> been having with jade and a few other packages.

I'd wait a bit (a couple of weeks or so) where packaging Jade is
concerned -- James Clark's about to release 1.2 as I understand it,
with Sebastian Rahtz's jadeTeX back end and some other enhancements &
bug fixes.  I'll dig out the dssslist posting if anyone here's
interested (unfortunately the archive is broken atm).

                                [...]

>> PS Would it be worth me bringing a UDB from home to a network to
>> test installs, etc before the slink release?  I'm prepared to put
>> some time in if it's useful.

Christopher> Absolutely. We desperately need documentation, so if
Christopher> you'd like to work on that based on your install
Christopher> experiences, I know it would be GREATLY appreciated.

OK, I'll see what I can do.  I know I'd have appreciated a
step-by-step guide when I started with RedHat 4, and I guess there are
probably enough UDBs out there to make it useful.  Is there a model to
follow?  What's the usual format -- DocBook?

--
 Robin Stephenson
 Spray From At Least 8 Feet Away

PS I'm subscribed to the list, so please don't Cc: me on any replies.