Re: xmkmf not working correctly

>Ah, thanks people. I thought that cpp was defining __alpha (and
>__alpha__) as I was using those for conditional bits in c source.
>However, it appears that gcc sets those explicitly, and cpp only defines
>these:
>
>$ cpp -dM x.c
>#define linux 1
>#define _LONGLONG 1
>#define __ELF__ 1
>#define unix 1
>
>Not very helpful in distinguishing an alpha...

Just out of curiousity, which cpp are you using? Mine (2.90.29-0.6)
gives this:

> cpp -dM x.c
#define __linux__ 1
#define linux 1
#define _LONGLONG 1
#define __alpha__ 1
#define __linux 1
#define __ELF__ 1
#define __alpha 1
#define unix 1

which is probably how I managed to get X built...

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40