Re: libc6.1_2.0.7r-5.deb problems?

On Fri 31 Jul 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Mon 27 Jul 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:
> >
> package installation; it is in fact the /lib/ld-2.0.7.so contained in
> libc6.1_2.0.7r-5.deb.
>
> Whatever I try to run with /lib/ld-2.0.7.so in place gives me an
> "illegal instruction" error. Changing _only_ the /lib/ld-linux.so.2
> symlink to point to ld-2.0.6.so fixes everything...
>
> Apparently I'm the only one having this problem, right?   WHY?! HELP!  :-)

After a period of deafening silence on this point, I backupped whatever
data I had on my Alpha that was important, and reinstalled.

BTW, Loic Prylli's boot-floppies stuff that's on
http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/debian.html (the stuff generated on
98/07/04) looks good!  All that's really missing is installing MILO on
the hard disk...

Anyway, after reinstalling, everything is working again, _with_ the
libc6.1_2.0.7r-5 /lib/ld-2.0.7.so...  It's a mystery to me what the
problem was. I'd checksummed the obvious stuff, and it all looked fine.
Oh well.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl