Re: hwclock problem?

>I have a small problem with hwclock during the boot process on my Miata.
>During the boot process (and, in fact, any time I try to run hwclock) I
>get a message like the following:
>
>hwclock is unable to get I/O port access.  I.e. iopl(3) returned nonzero return
>code -1.
>This is often because the program isn't running with superuser privilege, which
>it needs.
>
>I tried running hwclock as root by hand, and I get the same message.
>Ideas?

Either your kernel does not have RTC support compiled in or you are missing
/dev/rtc (should be major 10, minor 135. Proc misc will reveal whether it's
compiled into the kernel). Yes, I was very confused by that error message
as well.

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40