as200 milo and root images

Hello,
I am trying to install debian(latest) via floppies on an as200 4/166 with a
ZLXp-E2 PCI graphics board. Milo(avanti, lx & alphastation200 images)
causes my screen to turn green before I see a milo prompt. I have my jumper
settings to 640x480 with 75hz refresh. I am able to boot the kernel(with
careful typing), but the partition check shows unaligned traps. When I
insert the ramdisk I get the panic message: unable to handle kernel paging
request.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
	Sincere thanks,
	Mark Hallen