Re: autoup.sh

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Bob Hilliard wrote:

>      The question has come up as to whether the autoup.sh script
> should be included on non-i386 CDs.  The script was designed to be
> architecture independent, but, as far as I know, it has never been
> tested on a non-i386 system.
>      If anyone knows that it has worked satisfactorily on their
> architecture, and thinks it should be included on that CD, please let
> me.

Honestly, I don't think we need it.  Since the Alpha hasn't had a debian
release yet and also since we've always been glibc-based, we don't really
have any existing systems that might need such an upgrade script.  We
might need it in the future, but at least for hamm/frozen on the Alpha, we
should be fine without it.

All of this is AFAIK knowledge...any other comments are appreciated :)

Chris