Install problem

Brett_A._Letner@notes.up.com writes:

 > I'm attempting to install hamm on my UDB (multia).  Everything is fine
 > until I get to the 'install the kernel and modules' step.  It prompts me to
 > insert the rescue disk, then I get the following:
 >
 > VFS: can't find a valid MSDOS filesystem on dev 02:00
 >
 > I used rawrite2.exe to write resc1440.bin to a floppy as in the nano howto,
 > so it seems to me that the install should be looking for a linux filesystem
 > on the floppy instead of DOS (isn't that the point of rawrite?).

Hello,

Which resc1440.bin and installation disks are you using?

 Anyway with the set on http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/debian.html
(eventually they will be on ftp.debian.org), the installation program
is really looking for a msdos filesystem. Maybe you can try to mount
the rescue disk on an intel system to check it is all right?

Regards,

Loic