2.0.34 alpha-ready [was: Re: Announcement 1 - we're still here!]

Jim Paradis wrote:
> As luck would have it, Jay just put up the patches.  Look in
> /pub/DEC/Linux-Alpha/Kernels/ on ftp.digital.com

FYI, I just recompiled and rebooted my system with the 2.0.34 kernel and
alpha-patches-2.0.34-0.1 and it works nicely (with Debian 2.0-frozen).

The system is a PWS500a (Miata) and has only one additional patch (by Loic
Prylli this weekend, to make the internal ethernet card work with the tulip
driver, at last: this will follow in a separate post).

I only have one problem: the X server crashes (with a Matrox Millenium II
card) whenever I use xdvi and open a "magnifier" window  :( they really were
serious when claiming that the Matrox driver is still unstable :).

Cheers,
	Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Høgsbro Rose, Ph.D., prof.associé  <Kristoffer.Rose@ENS-Lyon.FR>
Laboratoire de l'Informatique du Parallélisme  équipe PLUME, bureau LR5-026