Re: raidtools 0.42 doesn't compile on the alpha

On Sun, May 24, 1998 at 01:26:33PM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:

> On Wed 20 May 1998, Carlos Carvalho wrote:
>
> > The serious problem is this however:
> >
> > raid_io.c:86: parse error before `_llseek'
> > raid_io.c: In function `_syscall5':
>
> Look at the message I posted the 13th titled "libc6.1-dev / kernel-headers
> syscall() prototype confusion" which is about the same problem. It might
> give you a hint on how to fix it; I've done some mods to some header
> files which helps.
>
> This is, however, a libc6.1 / kernel header problem and should be looked
> at by the people who know about those things :-)

It seems to me that llseek exists because it uses a "long long" offset
argument, which is 64 bits on x86.  Since a normal "long" (off_t) is 64 bits
on alpha, you shouldn't need llseek.

This is completely hearsay, not personal experience, so feel free to tell me
if I'm wrong :)

Have fun,

Avery