Re: new packages

On Tue 31 Mar 1998, Ferenc Kiraly wrote:

> I see new packages have been uploaded, but where? When I run

They get uploaded to the "Incoming" directory on master.debian.org,
which is only available to debian developers. Once the uploaded packages
are processed by the archive person, they are available for "the general

Sometimes people will put their compiled packages on another ftp site.
My stuff can often be found on ftp.murphy.nl (in the /pub/debian/alpha/
directory). If you retrieve the packages from those places, you won't be
able to use dselect (there's no Packages file); you'll have to install
them with "dpkg -i package.deb".

Paul Slootman
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands