Re: shared libary dependency in gdb 4.16-11.1

On Wed 18 Feb 1998, lprylli@graville.fdn.fr wrote:

> It seems the gdb package on
> ftp://beezer.med.miami.edu/pub/chris/gdb-testme
> is the most recent one, it has a small problem, it depends on a libbfd
> with a soname of 0 (or that perhaps means without soname).
>
> % ldd /usr/bin/gdb
>         libbfd.so.0 => not found

Hmmm, I *do* have a libbfd.so.0 .  I guess it was put there from the
base floppies?
Anyway, this gdb *should* be recompiled for the right libraries...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands