Re: man-db: *huge* index.bt file in alpha

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Roberto Lumbreras wrote:

> I've noted that man-db package builds everyday a very huge
> /var/catman/index.bt file in my alpha box:

I've noticed the very same thing.  Also, it seems to rebuild this file
every so often even after I delete it (I haven't checked the crontabs yet,
but that's probably why).  I'm not sure why it gets built (especially
since apropos lookups rarely work anyway for me), but I'll look into it
soon.

> rover@alpha:~$ dir /var/catman/index.bt
> -rw-r--r--   1 man      root     123666432 Jan 12 02:47 /var/catman/index.bt

Hehehehe...well, yours is about 10MBs smaller than mine, so count yourself
a little luckier :P

Anyone with some spare time is welcome to look into this ;)

Chris